Manager of Tallwood House
Have you ever been inspired to manage a care home of your own? Tallwood House is an active home for Christian Scientists — waiting for that experienced, thoughtful, energetic individual or couple who is ready to bring a lively sense of nurturing, responsiveness and fun.
We are seeking a Journal-listed Christian Science nurse who is ready for such a role that includes the following:
• Admitting and overseeing residents
• Hiring and managing Christian Science nurses and other home staff
• Budgeting and maintaining supplies
• Understanding and following legal requirements
• Managing the household, including oversight of maintenance and grounds
Support and training will be provided.
On-site housing is available.
Christian Science Nurses
We are ready to welcome Christian Science nurses of all levels for full or part-time employment. We welcome any individual interested in Christian Science nursing, even if there is little experience in one’s background. Appreciating one’s desire to serve, we will provide basic training at Tallwood House and support more formal education at any of the training programs for Christian Science nursing. If you are hearing that “still, small voice” inviting you to serve, please give us a call.
Tallwood House has enjoyed a reputation for serving delicious, home-cooked meals to our residents and anyone who stops in for a visit. Currently, we are looking for someone who is able and willing to continue that legacy as a full-time manager of all things edible.
The kitchen manager duties include:
• preparing and serving two meals per day
• supplying the kitchen
• preparing menus
• meeting all standards required by local health ordinances regarding food safety/handling
• backup support for Christian Science nursing staff if needed
ServSafe certification is desired and Christian Science nursing experience is also welcomed.
We look forward to tasting your favorite recipes!
We are seeking a Christian Scientist to work full or part-time as a general staff member of the household, supporting the residents and Christian Science nurses as needed in a variety of ways such as:
• Shopping for residents or for transportation to appointments
• Overnight staff (for light assist or communication to on-duty manager)
• Grounds and maintenance
• Activities preparation and coordination